Friday, September 11, 2009

Just the boys this time...

We have dates for the next parent trip.
Chris leaves October 16th. Yes, just Chris this time. I think my heart just landed in my feet as I typed that last line. I won't be on this trip, because I need to be a mommy here this time. I'm not complaining, just wish I could have our children all in one place. The reality that I won't be there to kiss and hold the boys is sinking in now and the tears are already starting.
These photos are our August updates. I love getting updates! It's like a rebirth every time we get a new photo. Look at poor Schneider. Why does he have on a sweat shirt? Hi Changlais, my sweet man. I sure do miss you. Daddy's coming soon. I miss you terribly, painfully, urgently and breathlessly my boys...



9 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you will not be there to love on your boys but what a great daddy bonding time Chris will have. Your boys are darling and tell Chris if he needs anything while in Haiti let me know but I am sure he is very capable of doing a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Updates are so great but also reminds me how much they change in such short time. I am sure they miss you guys . I hope they are home with you guys soon, we will keep all the children in our prayers that they will be home soon to their families.-Candice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Candice,
    I hope very soon we'll all be talking about how great it is to have them home!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Michelle, thanks so much! It feels like family when we're all in Haiti together.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is hard to make the decision to travel alone ! I'm sure Chris & the boys wil be missing you :) Can't wait until all the children are home with their families & we can wake up to them each morning.No more making arrangements to visit them. We will miss you !

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm going to miss seeing everyone. Hope you have a great trip Bambi!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a hard thing, to long to see them and realize you are needed at home too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are so beautiful. I can imagine how difficult it is to not be able to see them, but at least know they will be loved on by their daddy, which is so much more than many children get. Praying them home quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so sorry that you will not be able to go to Haiti. I will miss you very much. These trips are so involved... finding people to care for our family members, all the packing, schedules and then there is the cost. I know it's a priceless opportunity, but with a big family it really adds up. I know they will miss you very much. I am glad that one of you can be there for the both of you. The boys will get so much strength from having family with them on this trip. I am thinking of you. With love, ~Mare

    ReplyDelete