Monday, February 2, 2009

Sorry, just haven't heard anything yet from Haiti. Our coordinator will be back this week from the parent trip that was in Haiti and might be able to update us. The next parent trip is not until June.

Of course, I've gone over a lot of scenarios in my mind about this situation, the birthmom, the girls, their health, their hearts. Some of the things I wonder are, will we be on that parent trip in June? Will we get to see Vanessa and D'Jounela then? How are they doing right now? How's the birthmom? I know she is so grieving the loss of her twin. Is she filled with so much fear that she doesn't know what to do? Is she hungry? How often does she have to go without food? Does she have any help from anyone? The girls, do they have enough to eat? I think about Vanessa a lot. She's 5 and she knows the separation that happened when she came to the orphanage. I can see it in her eyes, they have such a sadness about them. Can she take it again, if birthmom brings them back. D'Jounela? She was down to thirteen pounds, what about now. I don't think she could make it if she had to go too long without food. Will she make it through this? I love her and Vanessa and it's hard knowing what they've been through and thinking about them going through it again and yet I long to hold them again too. These thoughts and more I have brought to the Lord. Asking him how I should pray about this. What's best for the girls. It's been tough. But... I have to trust and believe in his best for the girls, birthmom, and us.

A couple of people have asked if we would want to change countries for an adoption. And I can say without a doubt, no. We know Haiti is where we're supposed to be. Such a thrill and joy wells up in my heart when I say that. Only the Lord could do that. He is awesome isn't he?!

We'd so appreciate your continued prayers over the girls, the birthmom and us.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Melissa~
    Love your new blog layout!
    Welcome to blogspot! :)

    ReplyDelete